Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Here I Am In A Blog

I can't believe I am doing this.  As if I had the time or the energy.  When my new years resolution was to read more of what other people wrote, not to write.  But yet here I am, in a blog and unsure of what to write next.

My parameters are: better late than never - better done than perfect - better "on paper" than in my head.  So here I am in a blog.

I was inspired by my new years resolution of being more "literate".  I began listening to podcasts as I cooked dinner or as I drove to and from my morning triathlon practice.  One of my favorites is The Moth, where storytellers tell a story.  My second favorite is, oddly enough, The Story with Dick Gordon. And finally TedTalks.  So here I am in a blog trying to figure out which story to tell first.

I sit on "my" computer (in quotations because my husband takes it over at times only for me to find his facebook logged in *sigh*) in my bedroom, surrounded by both literature and clutter as I hear the appalling sound of Lego Batman Wii coming from the living room.  Its been years since I even  made a new years resolution and I should have known better.  The idea was to listen to a podcast, or read a page of something, at least once a day, and by the end of January I had already failed.  So the chances of me keeping up with this blog are stacked against me.  But you know what? Stranger things have happened.  I have surprised even myself a thousand times in hundreds of ways so why not? So here I am in a blog and kind of looking forward to discover what comes next.

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny Cris. One of my favorite things to listen to is also The Story... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Wouldn't have guessed it. thanks for reading : ) beijos.

      Delete
  2. I like your first post. Good luck and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seing "what's new and exciting" in your life, my dear friend... Good luck and good night.

    ReplyDelete